Slide background
Slide background
Slide background
Slide background

The history of Plum

Timeline 1860-2019

1860

Frederik Plum, merchant, establishes
N.M & F. Plum on 26 June

1860

1965

First production of Swarfega, a hand wash agent, later production is expanded with the soap and skin care products, mainly for industrial use

1972

The company is reorganised to be managed by Ole and Karsten Plum. Plum's commercial and public limited company comprises a lumber yard and sawmill, retail sales of construction material, a mill and mortar company, iron and steel works company, PHS, tools and flourishing chemicals / technical products business

1972

1977

Plum launches its proprietary hand wash agent

1980

Plum Kemi Produktion A/S is established, located at Plum's farm building in Assens, Denmark. The company changes its name to Plum Hudsikkerhed, subsequently to Plum A/S

1980

1980-2001

Divestment of lumber yard, retail sales and iron works activities; Plum starts selling hand hygiene products for the healthcare sector

1997

Product range is expanded with eye wash products and subsequently broadened with a range of plasters and first-aid kits for use in the workplace

1997

2004

Plum A/S moves to 7300 m2 newly constructed facilities at Frederik Plums vej, Denmark

2010

Production facility expansion to support increased production output – launch of electronic dispensers

2010

2013

First-aid product range supplemented with the innovation of QuickSafe stations

2015

CCS Healthcare AB acquires Plum A/S and becomes a market leader in the Nordic hygiene product segment

2015

2019

CCS Healthcare acquired by Finnish Kiilto